Here’s what much of our culture now accepts as gospel: All religions are alike. Truth is personal: what is true for you may not be true for me. Faith is about the sincerity and authenticity of your beliefs. Whatever fulfills you is good for you. Love is mostly sex, and respect is mostly letting people make their own mistakes. Guilt does not describe what you have done but how you feel about it. Peace is the unimpeded flow of commerce. Hope is wishful thinking. Virtue is the strength of will required to do you own thing no matter what anyone else thinks. Be true to yourself. Wear your seatbelt. Reduce your carbon footprint, and for God’s sake use a condom.
Ten Pretty Good Rules for Living Nowadays
- Be yourself. Everybody else is taken.
- Don’t let other people define who your are.
- Respect yourself.
- When you get upset, go to your happy place.
- Don’t get caught.
- Rid your life of people who bring you down.
- Use a condom.
- Don’t let your parents push their beliefs on you.
- Be creative, especially when asked to tell the truth.
- Never be satisfied with what you have; there’s always more.